About Me

My photo
Corona, California, United States
I am 28 years old and married to my best friend, Nicholas. We have two beautiful boys together, Caleb and Noah. I am a full-time stay at home mom and these are my confessions...

Nick

Nick
{the Hubby}

Caleb

Caleb
{the Oldest}

Noah

Noah
{the Baby}

{FAMILY}

{FAMILY}

Posts You May Have Missed:

Saturday, April 27, 2013

How To Make Paper Pinwheels!



When it comes to my mantel, I try to hand create custom banners that go with my theme and color scheme. For summer it was no different! I wanted a colorful banner to string across my mantel in navy and coral colors that just screamed summer fun! I have made glitter banners and vintage-like paper banners but I wanted something different. So, I begin brainstorming on what type of items reminded me of summer and the paper pinwheel idea was born! I had already scooped up navy and white striped paper along with some coral card stock when they were 50% off at Hobby Lobby last month. You can get a 12" x 12" sheet for about .25! One sheet will make 4 pinwheels! I made 4 small pinwheels and one large. This whole project cost me $1 for paper, the other items I had on hand already. I double layered my papers to have a different pattern on the exposing sides. You can just use one sheet if you would prefer. 


 Here is what you will need:
  •  Jute Twine
  • Small Clothespins
  • Decorative Tacks
  • 12" x 12" paper in Coordinating Colors
  • Scissors
  • Hot Glue Gun
Small Clothespins

Decorative tacks

2 Types of 12" x 12" paper for my pinwheels

Fold the paper down the middle both horizontally and vertically

You should have a cross from your two folds. Go ahead and cut the paper into the 4 equal squares

Using Scissors, cut diagonally towards the center of the square until you get about 1/2" out from the center. 

These are ready to be glued, note DO NOT cut all the way through! 

Using your glue gun add a bead between your two pieces of papers
 and a bead of glue on the sheet you re folding in towards the middle

Fold in towards the center and hold down for a couple of seconds
Here is one glued and read to be finished off.
 Depending on how you layer the paper you will get a different pattern on your pinwheel.
Push your decorative tack through the middle and bend the back with some plyers.

Ta-Da!

Use your small clothespins to hang each pinwheel off of a secured jute twine strung across your mantel!
I alternated the patterns and made a large pinwheel using one sheet of 12" x 12" paper and the  the same method above to make it for  the center.





{QoK}

No comments:

Post a Comment