About Me

My photo
Corona, California, United States
I am 28 years old and married to my best friend, Nicholas. We have two beautiful boys together, Caleb and Noah. I am a full-time stay at home mom and these are my confessions...

Nick

Nick
{the Hubby}

Caleb

Caleb
{the Oldest}

Noah

Noah
{the Baby}

{FAMILY}

{FAMILY}

Posts You May Have Missed:

Friday, March 8, 2013

Polyblend Grout Renew Review


Bleh, for yucky grout! Our kitchen counters are white tile with "white" grout. I say "white" because they are really just dirt color, haha. I have tried everything under the sun trying to get the grout clean and white again but only one item worked remotely. A couple months ago I did try a grout paint pen from Home Depot that worked pretty well. It would splatter and you had to keep shaking it and it covered a VERY small area for the $5.99 price tag. It did do the job pretty well, after all our grout is old so I can't expect it to return to it's glistening brand-new looking former glory.  But with that price tag I would be spending a good $36 in grout paint pens to finish the rest of the counters, no thank you! So I put that thought on the back burned until recently when my hubby told me that the rest of the counters looked pretty bad compared to the one I had used the grout pen on so he wanted to buy more and finish the job. My hubby is pretty laid back and doesn't really initiate any type of home improvement projects, so I was pretty surprised when he made this observation and wanted to finish it. I clean my kitchen on a daily basis but there is just no getting that darned grout clean! While at Home Depot I spotted a bottle that said GroutRenew! I was intrigued, and at $11.99 for a decent size bottle I knew it it worked I could do all my kitchen counters and have plenty left over.  GroutRenew is a all-in-one colorant and sealer. I choose bright white and couldn't wait to test it out at home. Read all instructions before beginning. I made sure to clean my counters and grout well with my handy dandy Krud Kutter and when it was dry it was time to roll out with the grout renew! I used a old toothbrush and just dipped it into the bottle, it was late and I was lazy! Make sure you are wearing a apron or clothes you don't mind it you mess up with paint, I was careful but I would lean over to get the corners and back areas and I would get paint on me. The bottle said not to let the paint dry on the tile. but because I have ceramic tiles I knew I could easily get it off later. I did keep a damp paper towel to wipe the excess paint off later on to make things easier on myself.  I used about 1/3 of the bottle to do all of my counters, so there is plenty left for touch-ups in the future. I am loving the end results! According to their website they have 48 colors available!Click here to read more about Polyblend GroutRenew.
Here are some pictures from my kitchen....


You can obviously see the HUGE difference in where I used the GroutRenew and didn't
Before Shot (Sorry, this was night time!)




After! Beautiful!
{QoK}

1 comment:

  1. WOW! This actually really works! I will be doing this tomorrow for sure! Thank you Doll!

    ReplyDelete