About Me

My photo
Corona, California, United States
I am 28 years old and married to my best friend, Nicholas. We have two beautiful boys together, Caleb and Noah. I am a full-time stay at home mom and these are my confessions...

Nick

Nick
{the Hubby}

Caleb

Caleb
{the Oldest}

Noah

Noah
{the Baby}

{FAMILY}

{FAMILY}

Posts You May Have Missed:

Friday, April 5, 2013

DIY Industrial Curtain Rods for the Home


With Summer fast approaching it was time to start thinking about some better options for my boys window treatments. We had a great set of silk striped curtains that go great in the their room, trouble is we only bought one set and they have since been decontinued by Target! Ahh!! I hate when that happens! The sun shines straight in to their room each morning and it is  SO BRIGHT! Light blocking curtains were defintely on my mind. I recently gave their room a mini makeover and decided that we would go with some navy light blocking curtains to go with the theme and colors in the room. They have two windows in the room, one large window and one smaller window.                
 Since we were changing curtains and I thought it would be a great time to change the curtain rods also. Their room has a vintage, fun, eccletic feel and I wanted the curtain rods to echo that. So I went the route of galvanized metal plumbing parts to assemble my rods. You can find everything you need at your local Lowe's or Home Depot.  Basically I just screwed the floor flange into the wall with four screws, attached the 90 degree elbow in to that and then used some liquid nails and inserted the metal conduit. Make sure you slide your curtain rings on before you secure both sides! 
 Here is what you will need:
  • 1/2" Galvanized Floor Flanges
  • 1/2" 90 Degree Galvanized Elbow
  • 1/2" Metal Conduit
  • Screws

Much Better!

2 comments:

  1. Adding you to my blog list! Thanks so much for having me in yours! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome idea for a boys room! I'd love if you'd link up to The DIY'ers: http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/08/the-diyers-and-our-country-weekend.html

    ReplyDelete