About Me

My photo
Corona, California, United States
I am 28 years old and married to my best friend, Nicholas. We have two beautiful boys together, Caleb and Noah. I am a full-time stay at home mom and these are my confessions...

Nick

Nick
{the Hubby}

Caleb

Caleb
{the Oldest}

Noah

Noah
{the Baby}

{FAMILY}

{FAMILY}

Posts You May Have Missed:

Monday, March 18, 2013

DIY Mason Jar Cup, Two Ways!


I love me some mason jars! So it seems fitting that I outfit myself with a mason jar turned cup for my iced coffee and sweet tea habit! I made two versions of the mason jar one using the standard metal pieces that came with the jar. And another version using a re-usable BPA free lid (Get 2 sample lids here for $2.50+free shipping) and rubber grommet for easier washing. I personally like the look of the metal version with the metal finishing washers as it has a old vintage look to it. I know that isn't for everyone, thus another version!
 Here is what you will need:
  • Glass jars
  • Drill with 5/16 drill bit 
  • #14 Stainless steel finishing washers
  • Super glue
  • Reusable straw
Find the center of your lid and drill a hold through the middle with your drill bit. It should go through fairly easy. Apply super glue to the bottom of your washer and place over the hole ensuring any jagged edges are covered. Do the same for the inside of the lids. You may want to dry fit this to make sure your washer will cover up the jagged edges, a couple time I had to widen my hole a little to the left or right to make sure it was clean through the washer opening. To do this I stuck the drill bit back through the hole and leaned it in the direction that needed widening. Easy! After your glue is dry you are ready for business. I am a avid sweet tea drinker so more times than not you will see my jar full of a iced cold glass! 

BPA-Free Lid Version
You can order BPA free reusable lids at Reusablecanninglids.com/. You can get a sample of two sizes with free shipping for $2.50! Awesome deal. It looks like their lids comes in bulk, but you could try calling the company to see if you could place a smaller order. They are also available on Amazon.com

Here is what you will need:
  • Glass jars
  • BPA Free Re-Usable lids
  • Drill but with 5/16 drill bit
  • 9/16 black rubber grommets
  • Reusable straw
Find the center of your lid and drill a hold through the middle with your drill bit. It should go through fairly easy. Insert your rubber grommet in the hole and pull out of the other side ensuring any jagged edges are covered.  Voila!

We will be adding mason jar cups with re-usable straws to the Etsy shop soon!
{QoK}

No comments:

Post a Comment