About Me

My photo
Corona, California, United States
I am 28 years old and married to my best friend, Nicholas. We have two beautiful boys together, Caleb and Noah. I am a full-time stay at home mom and these are my confessions...

Nick

Nick
{the Hubby}

Caleb

Caleb
{the Oldest}

Noah

Noah
{the Baby}

{FAMILY}

{FAMILY}

Posts You May Have Missed:

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Coconut Oil...Are You Ready to Jump on the Wagon?



In an effort to become more healthy and find natural alternatives for beauty I have turned to Coconut Oil! I have long head of the many benefits or coconut oil, and that it can be used for virtually any and everything! I thought it was a natural craze/phase that would soon roll in to another before long. I have continued to see pins pop up all over Pinterest so I decided to do a little searching and take the plunge! My number one reason for purchasing some was to use as a super conditioner on my hair overnight, and let me say it is awesome!  Since purchasing my first tub (Around $15 for 1.5L @ Costco)I have been adding it daily to my morning smoothie, using it so sooth my sons eczema, using it as a skin moisturizer(especially great for rough patches like knees and elbows!) and using it to condition my hair. I have been loving the results and the pleasant coconut smell reminds me of Islands of Hawaii!  I want to share just some of the benefits of Coconut Oil:


  • It is a natural SPF 4 sunscreen
  • It supports healthy thyroid function
  • It is a great cuticle moisturizer
  • It is a great massage oil
  • It can be used to help with runny noses, allergies, sore nostrils, etc
  • It can be used as a lip balm
  • It soothes eczema
  • It can be used on new tattoos to help healing
  • It can be used as a face wash
  • It can be used as a furniture wood polish
  • It can be used to treat infections
  • It can be used as a homemade vapor rub
  • It works great to shave with (both men and women)
  • It fights athlete's foot and toe fungus
  • It helps heal bruises, scrapes and cuts
  • It is a filling and gives a energy boost
  • It is an eye makeup remover
  • It can be mixed with baking soda for a natural "Goo Gone"
  • It can be used as a home made deodorant or lotion bar
  • It is a super hair conditioner
  • It is a intensive night time moisturizer for the skin
  • It is a great replacement for vegetable oils in any recipe cooking or baking
  • It can help speed weight loss when consumed daily
  • It can help improve sleep when consumed daily
  • It can be used to treat lice
  • It helps with bladder infections and yeast infections
  • It can help prevent stretch marks
  • It can help treat thrush
  • It can help with ear infections
  • It helps de-frizz hair
  • It naturally clears up cold sores
  • It can be used for oil-pulling

While this is only a limited list of it's uses you may be thinking to yourself, "This list is all over the place, there's no way it can do such a broad range of things!" Well, it can! Coconut Oil is known to be, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-inflmamatory, anti-viral, anti-parastic, infection fighting, non-toxic to humans and animals. the possibilities seem endless for this amazing oil and it's natural! I would suggest unrefined, virgin, organic, coconut oil ESPECIALLY for internal uses. So are you ready to jump on the coconut oil bandwagon? Which ways have you used coconut oil?

{QoK}

No comments:

Post a Comment