About Me

My photo
Corona, California, United States
I am 28 years old and married to my best friend, Nicholas. We have two beautiful boys together, Caleb and Noah. I am a full-time stay at home mom and these are my confessions...

Nick

Nick
{the Hubby}

Caleb

Caleb
{the Oldest}

Noah

Noah
{the Baby}

{FAMILY}

{FAMILY}

Posts You May Have Missed:

Monday, March 7, 2011

Babies No More

My oldest son, Caleb, has been sleeping in his crib which my hubby converted into a toddler bed by merely detaching the front railing. Man, my hubby has it hard! For months we've been talking about moving the old crib out and purchasing some bunk beds, but it just never happened. Life is busy, and when my hubby is off from one of his two jobs the last thing that crosses our mind is going bed shopping and putting bunk beds together. So I finally decided enough was enough! I did some online shopping and found a great deal on some cherrywood twin bunk beds.  Once, my hubby got home from his weekend away at winter camp I enlisted him to help put the beds together. What a joy! They were actually pretty easy to put together considering the million pieces that were in the box. So now Caleb has a "big boy" bed and is thrilled! Noah is pretty thrilled too, and crawls over to the bed and screams and pulls trying to get on it. Once he's on the bed it's like the best thing since milk! He shrieks and has a blast doing I don't even really know what...monkeying around on it with his brother I guess. Maybe I could use moving Noah to the bottom bunk as a bribe to get him to walk. That is a whole different story, but since I have time I will share it. For the past couple months I have been trying to coax Noah into taking standing on his own and taking some steps. I am not sure if it just his stubborn streak he got from his wonderful mother or what but he just isn't having it!  I always heard your second child generally does things a a faster rate than the first child because they have a somebody to learn from. Well, that has not been the case for us. Which is fine. In my head I pretend Noah is still a little baby. Just a twenty-four pound baby crawling around at the speed of light...right...With Noah's first birthday approaching within the week, Caleb turning three in May and pieces of a old crib sitting in the patio I realize that they are babies no more. They will always be my babies...I bore them after all!
{QoK}

No comments:

Post a Comment